Iris variegataVariegated Iris
- Class and Order
- Triandria Monogynia
- Generic Character
- Corolla 6-partita; Petalis alternis, reflexis. Stigmata petaliformia.
- Specific Character and Synonyms
- IRIS variegata corollis barbatis, caule subfolioso longitudine foliorum multifloro. Linn. Spec. Pl. p. 56
- IRIS latifolia pannonica, colore multiplici. Bauh. Pin. 31
- The yellow variable Flower-de-Luce. Parkinson Parad. p. 182.
This species of Iris, inferior to few in point of beauty, is a native of the hilly pastures of Hungary, and flowers in our gardens in the month of May, and beginning of June. It is a hardy perennial, requires no particular treatment, and may be easily propagated by parting its roots in Autumn.